Et voila la liste du matos du directeur de la photo, pour ceux que ça intéresserait :
JOHN SEALE ACS ASC’S EQUIPMENT LIST FOR FURY ROAD...
Just before John Seale ACS ASC disappeared into the Namibian desert to shoot Fury Road, he e-mailed me this brief note, short listing what he was arming himself with to capture the 4th Mad Max ﬁ lm. I believe that second unit had 16 cameras and was purchasing a few more. For comparison, check out David Eggby’s equipment list for the ﬁrst Mad Max ﬁlm... it’s a hoot. Dick Marks.
Hi DM. I’ve have been involved in a change over of cameras from 3D to 2D. We now have this basic camera list... although testing continues!
• 4 x Alexa Pluses... 3 x Alexa M’s (to be delivered soon)... 4 x Canon 5D’s or the equivalent... 8 x small Nikon/Olympus crash cameras.
• There is a truck load of cranes, tracking vehicles etc... including the new Ultimate Arm Edge, which goes with the 5.6 litre Toyota Tundra, with desert tyres and stabilized 24’ (7m) arm... which we hope to wear out.
• There are 2 x ‘truggies’, which are specially built dune buggies with Libra Head mounts, front and back.
• We are looking into an “Octocopter” for the whole shoot, to do the close aerials and helicopter for higher altitude shots.
• We are building two sizes of ‘pole cams’... the larger with a self leveling head. About four of those
• Grips have a formidable array of mounts and tracks for use on the ‘war rig’.
• Electrics have a full truck of the usual day and tungsten lights, enough to do the desert wide shots at night and the interiors of the rig for day.
• There is a full ‘sim trav’ hydraulic rig to emulate the prime mover ‘war rig’ and other dedicated vehicles.
• We have two complete ‘war rigs’ and one break away rig for ‘sim trav’ work.
In a nut shell, that’s the broad brush strokes of the equipment package.
A lot is still being tested for shutter speeds and frame rates and post facilities... after all, most of the cameras can be bought at the local photo store. However, they are proving that in a fast edited ﬁ lm, their quality is certainly reasonable.